It was a proud night for Lower Blue Mountains Club.
The annual changeover season is always a demanding time for Rotary Clubs and Districts and this year, for District 9685, was particularly significant with Blackheath’s Mina Howard being inducted as District Governor and a plethora of Mountains Clubs winning awards.
It was a proud night for Lower Blue Mountains Club President Garry Smith with his Club won three awards – best large club in District, Vocational Service and Youth Service.
To top the night off, LBM Past President Michele Ellery did an excellent job as Master of Ceremonies for the evening.
Other Mountains clubs and members recognised during the evening included -
- Jenny Kroonstuiver of Springwood accepted the Noel McDonald Award for best large club bulletin. (03.14)
- PDGs Jennifer and Ian Scott of Central Blue Mountains – District service recognition for the International Assembly and Council on Legislation. (11.13)
- Marilyn Kenny of Springwood – special service in communications. (14.31)
- Drew Fitzpatrick of Lower Blue Mountains– Special service in Model United Nations Assembly.
- David Hart of Upper Blue Mountains – special service as District Treasurer for four years. (18.15)
- Carolyn Cook of Lower Blue Mountains – recognition for her and her late husband PDG David Cook as TRF Major Donors Level 1. (19.50)
- PDGs Bob Aitken and John Wakefield were acknowledged for their dedication to service in Polio eradication and Child protection.