Community barbecues across the Blue Mountains and Penrith to celebrate Australia Day.
Following the success of community barbecues to celebrate Australia Day held across the Blue Mountains in 2021, Rotary Clubs will come together to hold another series of similar events this year.
Rotary has again secured a grant through the Australia Day Council to sponsor the cost of sausage sizzles right across the Blue Mountains and down to Yandiah Bridge on the Nepean River to celebrate Australia Day.
Venues and times for the community barbecues are as follows –
- Blackheath Rotary, Blackheath Pool, 0900 – 1500
- Katoomba/Upper Blue Mountains Rotary, Wentworth Falls Lake, 0900 – 1500
- Central Blue Rotary, Lawson Swim Centre, 0900 - 1500
- Springwood Rotary, Springwood Aquatic & Fitness Centre, 0900 – 1500
- eClub Greater Sydney Rotary, Glenbrook Swim Centre, 0900 – 1500
- Lower Blue Mountains Rotary, flag raising, Glenbrook Park, 0730 – 1100
- Combined Penrith Rotary Clubs, Yandhai Crossing, 0900 – 1500
Rotary Clubs are also partnering with Blue Mountains City Council, to host community barbecues at the Blue Mountains Leisure Centres, as part of their annual Australia Day open day event. The open day event offers free entry to all five Leisure Centres as well as family fun and activities. Barbecues will be available between 9 am and 3 pm, and will strictly follow COVID safe procedures as outlined by NSW Health.
Rotary Clubs are very grateful for the partnership of Blue Mountains City Council, and the support of the National Australian Day Council. These events provide an opportunity for residents to reflect on the challenges of the past year, respect the sacrifices and contributions of those who responded in times of need and to celebrate the quality of life in Australia and the opportunity to celebrate being together!
Gold coin donations are welcome on the community barbecues and Rotary leaders have indicated all funds raised will support local community projects in the various centres.
Reflect, Respect, Celebrate – we are all part of the story.